Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chapter 30: Don't Stop Believing

This made me feel good this week!

"Steve Perry and 43,000 Friends NEVER 'Stop Believing' in the Giants - NLCS Game 5" 

You may remember the rock band Journey.  They were playing one of their songs, "Don't Stop Believin'", during the Giants National League Championship Series, Game 5 on 10/21/10.  One of the cameras caught Steve Perry, lead singer, standing up in the crowd singing his own song.  Awesome!

"Gotta love Steve Perry leading a packed house @ AT&T Park, San Francisco"

  


Steve Perry and Journey Performing "Don't Stop Believin'" In Concert
(I'm trying to find out where and when.)


This song, first featured on Journey's Escape album, was written by 
Jonathan Cain, Steve Perry, and Neal Schon; all members of Journey.

Don't Stop Believin'
- Journey
1981

Just a small town girl
Living in a lonely world
She took the midnight train going anywhere
Just a city boy
Born and raised in South Detroit
He took the midnight train going anywhere

A singer in a smoky room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night
It goes on and on and on and on

{Refrain}
Strangers, waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill
Everybody wants a thrill
Paying anything to roll the dice
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

{Refrain}

Don't stop believing
Hold on to that feeling
Streetlight people


Popularity:
The song reached #8 on Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart, and #9 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It also peaked at #62 on the UK singles chart. The song also has appeared in a number of film and television series, including The Wedding Singer, Monster, Shrek The Halls, The Comebacks and Scrubs.


Journey

Journey live in Minneapolis, Minnesota on September 16, 2008.
Background information
Origin San Francisco, California
Genres Rock, hard rock, pop rock, progressive rock, jazz-fusion, AOR
Years active 1973–1987; 1995–present
Labels Columbia, Frontiers, Sanctuary
Associated acts Santana, The Babys, Steve Perry, Hardline, Bad English, The Storm, Vital Information, The Zoo
Website JourneyMusic.com
Members
Neal Schon
Ross Valory
Jonathan Cain
Deen Castronovo
Arnel Pineda



Update on my treatment plan from the Amen Clinic:

After being on 300 mg of Effexor XR for 5 weeks a new side effect started, insomnia.  In the past, the side effects would start 3-4 days after raising the dose.  After a week of not sleeping well I was exhausted.  There had not been any other changes in my life that would have caused lack of sleep, so I lowered the dose of Effexor XR to 262.5 mg.  

I talked to my psychiatrist here at home and got his guidance on this decision.  This is the plan we decided on.  I stayed on 262.5 mg for 4 days and still could not sleep, so I lowered the dose to 225 mg.  Gradually, I started to sleep again and about 4 days later I was sleeping well.  The depression symptoms have not increased, but they have not decreased as I have been hoping and waiting for.

I have not been able to lower the dose of Luvox below 50 mg per day.  If I did, the depression symptoms became worse.  So I have increased the dose of Luvox to 75 mg a day, 25 mg in the morning, 25 mg in the afternoon, and 25 mg in the evening.  I will increase the dose to 100 mg a day if the depression symptoms do not improve.

So now I am taking 300 mg of Neurontin 4 times a day, 225 mg of Effexor XR once in the morning, 75 mg of Luvox 3 times a day, and the supplements and vitamins/minerals I have been taking for many months.  There are some days I feel good, but it does not stay consistent.  I am hoping all of the things I have been doing to heal are going to come together and work, soon!

DON'T STOP BELIEVING




2 comments:

  1. I'm seeing them in concert this Friday in Virginia Beach VA!! Favorite band from my teenage years and favorite song...Don't Stop Believing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ashford,

    Have a great time at the concert this weekend! It sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete