Sunday, May 25, 2014

Chapter 48: GAPS Diet - Gut and Psychology Syndrome


I have not written a post for my blog in a long time, but have continued to do research in finding treatment for depression symptoms.  My motivation and fervor for the subject have not changed! 

I started the GAPS diet on May 8, 2013.  GAPS stands for Gut and Psychology Syndrome and is based on a book written by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride MD, MMedSci (neurology), MMedSci (nutrition).  Dr. Natasha believes undigested food and toxins can go through the gut lining if it is damaged and enter the the blood stream.   The blood deposits these particles in different parts of the body, causing disease.

This is how Amazon describes the book:  "New 2010 Edition with over 100 extra pages of information! Gut and Psychology Syndrome provides the information you need to heal a damaged digestive system.  The perfect book for anyone suffering from Autism, Dyslexia, Depression, Dyspraxia, ADD, ADHD, Schizophrenia, and any other condition that has a link with gut dysbiosis."

I am in the process of coming off antidepressant medication.  I am going off very slowly, but I am doing well!  This is the book:





If you want to know more, watch Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride being interviewed by 
Dr. Joseph Mercola.  I think it is exceptionally excellent!






No comments:

Post a Comment